Look-Alike Pottery Barn Number Pillows
If you love Pottery Barn, raise your hand! I look forward to looking through the new catalog every time it shows up in the mail. Last look through, I noticed these cool number pillows. 99 bucks for 4…that’s chump change….haha, yeah right. Pottery Barn
Before discovering all of these thrifty crafty blogs, I never even thought to make my own version of some of these things. Now when I look through the pages, I see how many things can be made at home for so much cheaper.
I came across Domestically-Yours tutorial on how to recreate these fun pillows. It took me about 2 hours total.
- $11.98 for the fabric – purchased at Joann’s with a 50% off coupon. Plus I have fabric left over to make some pillows for our bed!
- $2.39 for the black fabric paint
- pillow forms – free…used existing pillow forms from couch.
- Total – $14.37! Feels good to save $84.63!
There are a couple of things I did differently than the tutorial.
- I didn’t use Fray Check
- I used the same font, but printed it at 800 size on legal size paper…that way I didn’t have to mess with enlarging it.
- I didn’t use freezer paper. I wish I had, because some of the paint did go outside the lines.
I love how it looks with my new chest!
So what have you seen in the catalog you think you could make on your own? Here’s my next project.
I’m linking up to:
A Soft Place to Land: DIY Day